Bilco Type S Roof Hatch
Bilco is the premier roof hatch manufacturer. You rarely find a project specification that does not list Bilco as an acceptable manufacturer. The Bilco Type S Roof Hatch is a standard 36" x 30" size. That means the opening of the roof hatch or inside dimension is 36" x 30". They type S can be manufactured in steel, aluminum, steel/aluminum combo, or stainless steel construction. The most common is the Trpe S-20 roof hatch which is a steel cover and steel frame. This is the most economical option for the Type S roof hatch.
- Material (select one):
- Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
- Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum.
- Stainless Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) type 304 stainless steel
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76 mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) Type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
- Aluminum: Mill Finish.
- Stainless Steel: Type 304 stainless steel with mill finish and electrochemical passivation of welds.
- Steel: All hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
- Aluminum: Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
- Stainless Steel: Type 316 stainless steel.