Designed for interior and exterior applications where floodtight or gastight seal is required. This aluminum floor door allows you to access an area that is underground. Perfect for applications where you may need to access a vault with pipes that needs to be serviced every so often.
- Angle frame construction with anchors welded around the frame for casting into concrete.
- Diamond plate door panel is reinforced for a live load of 1560 pounds/sqft. (capable of holding up to 25 ft. head of water).
- Door panel overlaps frame, compressing the gasket providing a floodtight/gastight fit.
- EPDM gasket and floodtight cam locks ensure door will not leak from standing water.
AW-APS Aluminum Floor Door Specifications:
- Material: Aluminum door & frame ; Type 316 Stainless steel hinges & hardware
- Door: 1/4" aluminum diamond plate reinforced for live load of 1560 pounds/per sq. ft. (capable of holding up to 25 ft. head of water)
- Frame: 3/8" aluminum with 3/16” x 1 1/2” strap anchors welded around the frame for casting into concrete
- Hinge: Type 316 stainless steel butt hinges with tamper proof stainless steel bolts and nuts
- Gasket: 9/16” O.D. x 1/8” I.D. EPDM gasket
- Opening Device: Automatic hold open arm with red vinyl grip allows door to open to 90 degrees, locking door in open position and allowing for easy control when closing door panel.
- Standard Latch: Type 316 stainless steel floodtight cam locks and flush floodtight handle
- Finish: Mill finish with is standard, Bituminous coating optional on exterior frame