Bessler Model 70 Attic Stair
Bessler is the manufacturer of the original disappearing stairway. You don't climb up a Bessler Stairway as it is not a ladder. It is a heavy duty disappearing stairway that offers safe access from one level to another. This attic stair is recommended if you travel up and down into your attic or mezzanine frequently. These stairs require some installation but once installed, they will last a lifetime. Each Bessler disappearing attic stairway does not fold, but instead, rolls into and out of your attic. Constructed with kiln dried yellow pine, this stairway carries a 600 lb. capacity rating. Most other brands max out around 350. The stairway comes with a handrail that can be grasped before even taking your first step up the stair into the attic. The ladder tread width is 18-7/8". This attic ladder ships in three (3) separate boxes (the stringers, door panel, and hardware/treads).
- 57 degree incline angle
- Rating = 600 lb. capacity
- Fits floor below to floor above heights ranging from 7’-7” to 10’-10”
- Solid One piece stairway (does not fold)
- The very best. Solid one piece stringers and treads of selected 1x8 kiln dried yellow pine.
- Ladder rod under each tread for added strength and rigidity.
- Full length handrail.
- Ladder width 18 7/8"
- Grade A 1 3/8" hollow core door.
- Shipping weight approximately 95 lbs.
- Ships disassembled
- Finished jamb and trim not included
- For both residential and commercial use