American Stairways Model 655DT
American stairways manufactures high end folding and one piece attic stairways here in the USA. The husky 655DT is a premium residential attic ladder. This model is similar to the old Bessler Space Saver attic ladder except the high visibility paint on the tread is no longer included. Fully loaded, the 655DT folding ladder features double sided hinges for superior strength and a weight capacity of 350 lbs. The model 655DT attic stair comes standard with an R6 thermally insulated door panel. The treads are made from 1 x 6 southern yellow pine and the stringers or siderails are made from 1 x 5 southern yellow pine. It comes pre-drilled and ready for installation. You just need to make sure that you have the correct rough opening sized cut and framed.
- 350 pound rating (double sided hinges)
- Treads made from 1x6 Southern Yellow Pine
- There are 11 steps in models that reach 9’3” ceilings
- There are 13 steps in models that reach 10’8” ceilings
- Stringer made from 1x5 Southern Yellow Pine
- All stair components are molded to eliminate splinters and to enhance appearance
- All metal parts are galvanized to prevent corrosion
- A one year warranty against all parts.
- Comes completely assembled and ready to install with instructions supplied.
- Pre-drilled installation holes
- Full width piano hinge attached to door panel and frame. It reaches across the entire width of the stairway.
- Steel rod under every tread to add stability to this 350 lb. capacity attic ladder.
3/16" Ladder rod with large washers to keep HUSKY stairs rigid and prevent bending or separation.
- All wood parts selected for density and load bearing capability.
- Eased edges practically eliminate splinters & enhance finished mill work appearance.
- Safety lock nut to secure spring arm to ladder section.
- Adjustable Spring Tension.
- Ready to install with instructions supplied.
- For Residential Use Only.